Flowers are a large part of funerals. They add beauty, and grace, and even lighten the atmosphere of a day that is already gloomy. The beauty of the flowers is not only physical; flowers have their own meanings. The flowers that you choose to pick for the funeral you are attending will say a lot about how you are feeling, and the message you want to convey to those who are grieving at the time. If you and your family are looking for more information regarding flowers and which ones you should purchase, you can contact funeral homes in Indian Trail, NC. You will be able to speak with someone who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Choosing Flowers for A Funeral
Though they are not necessarily needed, flowers are a great addition to any funeral. You can pick your favorite flowers, flowers that the deceased like, or just flowers that you find pretty. These flowers will go a long way in helping those who have come to the funeral fill much better about all that is going on. Not only that, when the funeral is over, they can take them with them as a way to remember the one who has passed.
What Are Some Common Funeral Flowers?
The flowers, shape, size, and color are very important. There are usually brightly colored flowers at funerals, but dark flowers, like roses, are common as well. Again, you should pick the flowers that you think will best suit your loved one’s funeral. Below is a list of flowers that are common at funerals, and a short description.
- Roses – Roses are a symbol of love. And while a funeral may not be the place to think of Valentine’s Day, it is still a moment where the love for a relative is very evident. You can’t go wrong with choosing to have red roses at a funeral.
- Daisies – These flowers are small and bright, and often come in yellow, white, or blue. They are perfect for adding to arrangements. They add the right amount of color to catch anyone’s eye.
- Carnations – Carnations are usually one of the cheaper flowers, which makes them a very popular choice. They look good and come in a variety of colors. You will be happy with your selection if you decide to go with carnations at the funeral.
- Lilies – These plants are a symbol of peace and calmness. They are green, with large white flowers. They would look good anywhere in the funeral home.
- Orchids – Orchids may be one of the most common flowers at funerals. They are tall plants that are usually pink or white. Their size makes them impossible to miss. They would make a great addition to any funeral.
- Casket/Standing Spray – Casket sprays are the flowers and plants that go on top of the casket. You as the family get to choose which flowers that will be on your loved one’s casket. Standing sprays are usually next to the casket on both sides. Just like the casket spray, you will be able to choose the flowers and plants included in it.
There is a lot that goes into making a funeral work. And it would be well-advised to ask for help should you need it. If you and your family need help, you can contact Indian Trail, NC funeral homes. They would love to help you with whatever you need.